“Everything is a remix,” says the title of the famous short documentaries by Kirby Ferguson, discussing how newly created work is strongly influenced by existing work. You don’t have to look far to see it – just look at the movie posters.
French blogger Christophe Courtois put together several telling montages of similar movie posters which perfectly illustrate how everyone copies everyone.
1. A Loner Viewed From Behind
Usually accompanied only by their weapon of choice.
2. Big Heads over Tiny People on a Beach
3. Back To Back, Viewed From the Side
4. The Between-the-Legs Shot
5. In Bed
6. Big Eye
8. Black & White Action Movie Posters
9. Running In the Street, At a Tilt And Tinted Blue
10. Building a Face Out of Other Objects
11. Lady In Red
12. Justice Is Blind
13. Big Block Font Right Over the Face
14. Reflection In Sunglasses
15. Public Bench