Last updated: 27/05/2020
When using our products and services, browsing the website, registering to have an account, logging in, commenting and such you do so under the policies we outline on this page.
1. What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
1.1. Information you provide to us:
When registering for an account on our site, you will be asked for your email address so we can check whether you already have an account on our website. If you don’t, we’ll ask you to provide:
— Your email address, so we can let you know about your account status and activity on the page.
— A password – we won’t be able to see it, so you can set it to whatever you like. Just don’t set it to something obvious, like “password”!
— Your full name – although you can use whatever name you like. If you have trouble coming up with a cool fake name, maybe this website will help you. And don’t worry – you can change it anytime you want.
After registering, we will send you an email to activate your account and you’re done!
If you choose to login using your Facebook account, you agree to give Facebook the permission to share the email and profile name associated with your account with us.
1.2. Information we get from your device:
To ensure that our website functions properly, is informative, and up-to date and tailored just for you, we collect information from your device when you visit our website. That information includes:
— Device info – we want to know whether you’re reading our website from your desktop or mobile device so we know what version of the website to display.
— Network data – like your IP address. This helps us diagnose problems with our servers, and administer our sites while also allowing us to keep the comment section free of hate speech.
— Cookies – they help us optimize our website for a better user experience by letting us know how you use it.
1.3. Share functions:
By using the social widgets to share articles with your friends, you agree to the social networks policies of those websites.
2. How the information is used?
2.1. We are relying on several separate bases to process your information as required by law. In order to provide our service to you, we process some data with Legitimate Interest in mind:
2.1.1. When the purpose is to deliver the service:
— Communicate with you via email,
— Contact you and maintain records in order to provide customer service and support,
— Ensure there is no fraud with voting, polls and competitions we host,
— When we strive to detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive and unlawful activity on the site.
2.1.2. When the purpose is to measure and analyze traffic:
— We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to collect information about how users use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. You can read more about these cookies and how Google safeguard them here,
— We use ScorecardResearch tags for market research purposes to count users who have visited and seen a page or various parts of a page to improve the experience on our site. You can find out more about ScorecardResearch, including how to opt-out right here.
2.2. Additionally, we ask your Consent to process the data we need:
2.2.1. When the purpose is better advertising experience. We want the ads on our website to be relevant and tailored to your interests.
— Cookies and similar technologies help us know more about your interests,
— Location services help show you ads relevant to your location and language,
— Our partners may use the data they have about you, collected according to their own policies to show you what they believe would be relevant.
3. How the information may be shared?
We strive to ensure, using technological and contractual mechanisms, that your data is protected and only used according to this policy. We need to share certain data with our trusted partners:
– When we optimize our site and innovate we may use partners who provide services and functionalities we need, such as Google and others,
– When we deliver ads via vendors and third-party vendors. This helps you get better ads.
– When we would need for Legal purposes and according to the law.
4. How the data might be transferred?
The data we process about individuals in the EU/EEA may be transferred from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements we have with our partners. By using our services you consent to us transferring your information to our partners outside of EU/EEA. Any organisation who has access to your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by contractual restrictions to make sure they protect your information and comply with applicable data protection legislation.
5. How we protect privacy of children?
Our services are aimed at a general audience. We do not knowingly target, collect, use or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law. By using our service you confirm that you either are of legal age or have an applicable consent.
6. How can you exercise your rights under GDPR?
6. 1. If you are an individual browsing from the EU/EEA, where the General Data Protection Regulations apply, you can exercise rights related to your data by contacting us via contact details at the bottom of the page:
— You can request access to a free copy of your data,
— You can ask us to delete your personal data, and we will do so where we legally can,
— You have a right to rectify your data,
— If you wish to object to us processing your data according to Legitimate interest.
— You also are free to revoke your consent by updating your settings.
— You have a right to complain about us with our supervisory authority here.
6. 2. Your above described requests will be executed in a legally required time frame, 1 month, and we will need you to provide a valid proof of identification with each request.
7. How long do we keep the data?
We store your data for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose under which such data was collected. This is determined on a case by case basis and depends on things such as the nature of the data provided, why it was collected, the legal basis we rely upon to process the data, and our relevant legal or operation retention requirements. For example, if you request to delete your account we still have to retain some data for fraud prevention purposes and financial auditing.
8. What about Cookies?
8.1. When you use our websites and apps we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognize you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen.
– Services – to make sure the site functions as expected, they are essential to you being able to enjoy the experience,
– Analytics – those are also super important, they allow us to understand how all users combined use our site, make business decisions based on it and do what we need to do on our side to make the site viable,
– Preferences – yeah, this is to remember your consent status, so we don’t bug you with a pop-up on each visit,
– Advertising – you might not think that, but this part is very important too, cookies help us provide you the best possible experience with ads, without them there would be a wild wild west of terrible banners everywhere. Also they help us pay our bills and provide you with great content, just keep that in mind. We use a Google tool called Google Double Click to make this all happen.
8.2. If you use an Ad-blocker on our site, we cannot fully execute our services and therefore ensure your rights under this policy.
8.3. You can manage your cookie settings by:
— changing your Privacy Settings,
— changing settings on your mobile device,
— changing your browser settings,
— opting out here.
If you need assistance with anything, feel free to contact us.
10. How to contact us?
Use this email for all the inquiries you might have:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “My privacy”
Or via mail at:
DeMilked legal department
Didlaukio g. 80-96
Daily artshake in your inbox.