Adorable Hugging Bear Cookies
If you like cookies and teddy-bears, you’ll definitely love these cute little fellows! French-trained Japanese cook Maa Tamagosan created these tasty-looking and almost too-cute-to-eat cookies. Fortunately, she shared her recipe and the creative process with the world, leaving many of us drooling. Find her recipe, translated into English, below, and keep in mind that, if you have nut allergies or simply don’t like them that much, you are free to change the nuts into candies or anything else that won’t melt.
‘Hey! It’s Mosogourmet’ provides an English translation of the recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320 F)
2. Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch and a pinch of salt in bowl
3. Mix 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl
4. Once thoroughly mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin
5. Use a bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes
6. Draw the face (we used a nail dot pen), place the almond and have the bears hug them tight
7. Use leftover dough to make the tails
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (300 F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Take out of the oven and they’re done!