5 Stores in Chennai to buy an authentic silk saree this Mother's Day
Apart from the ancient temples, entertaining movies, amusement parks, there’s one thing which makes travellers frequently visit Chennai – silk sarees. Home to more than 25 silk and 50 cotton manufacturing industries, it is one of the best places to get an authentic piece. So, check for Mumbai or Bangalore to Chennai train route and flights from other cities to tour across the best silk saree manufacturers.
Silk sarees are mostly worn by women from the south Indian states during important festivals and family occasions. Out of this, the silk sarees manufactured in and around Chennai are regarded of the highest quality. Do check for Mumbai or Bangalore to Chennai train route and flights from other cities, and explore the best saree stores in the city if you want to give an authentic gift to your mom this Mother’s Day.
1. Nalli Sarees – Nalli is a prestigious name when it comes to shopping for silk sarees. Established by Mr. Ramanathan K. Nalli, the brand has gained enormous success and has outlets in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad. Most recently, the group started a lavish, 50,000 square feet showroom, right in the heart of Chennai. If you’re planning to gift a beautiful silk saree to your mom, it is the safest bet.
2. Pothys – Another popular chain of textile outlets in southern India, the Pothys sell garments for all genders, but it specializes in the creation of intricately designed silk sarees. Pothys’ Palace, their flagship store in Chennai is one of the most profitable outlets in the city.
3. Tulsi Silks Sarees – For over 18 years, Tulsi LTD. has created a large reputation in creating mind-blowing Kanjeevaram silk sarees. Their designs are unique, colors combinations are exceptional, and comes out elegantly on the body. For a newbie who has no idea about saree shopping, this is the place to hop in. They also have their private silk farms and looms to make raw silk yarns.
4. Rasi Silk – The Radha Silk Emporium, also known as the RASI silk, is one of the biggest names in silk saree manufacturing in and around Chennai. They started out from the small outlet just outside the ancient Kapaleeshwar Temple in Mylapore and now have branched out to several other cities across south India. As per the local stories, they have a history of manufacturing silk garments and even served the kings.
5. The Chennai Silks (TCS) – Perhaps the largest producers of silk yarns and textiles, the Chennai Silks is a trusted name when it comes to buying sarees. Especially, if it is a Mother’s Day, you can easily go with any of their random pieces, blindfolded. They have large showrooms in Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode, Trichy, Karur, Ernakulam, and Tirunelveli, so it won’t be hard locating one.
6. Kumaran Silks – If you’re running low on budget and looking for some great deals, move straight to the Kumaran Silks. With amazing deals and low prices on special occasions, you can easily pick a great piece on Mother’s Day. It is a trusted name in manufacturing, selling and distributions of silk sarees and you can even order through their website.
About the Author:
Atul Chaudhary is a worldwide famous travel writer about Indian Tourism. I want provide you complete information about Indian tourism like: Best Places to visit, Hotels, Restaurant, things to do, PNR prediction and A to B flights information.