After Receiving These 3 Outfits Ordered From FB, This Woman Didn’t Know Whether To Laugh Or To Cry
Online shopping often involves a lot of risks – buying clothes without trying them on or even seeing them is always a gamble. But one fashion blogger took on the challenge and documented her experience with shopping on “shady” websites.
Agnė Jagelavičiūtė is a Lithuanian fashion blogger and editor of an online fashion blog called StiliuSOS. Recently she stumbled upon an ad on Facebook for an online clothing store. The clothes looked amazing on the models and the prices seemed too good to be true and even though she was suspicious, she still decided to order them.
Check out the results in the gallery below!
Item no. 1 – picture on the website
“I’d been waiting for more than a month before my long-awaited parcels arrived. Personally, I’m used to elegant parcels, packed in separate boxes so that the items inside remain undamaged. Only after I’d seen a shabby, wrapped in kilometers of duct tape carton did I realize that something is wrong.
What should I start with? First and foremost, the clothes I received didn’t match their description on the website. Their length, width, silhouette, material, and, last but not least – design – almost everything was wrong. The clothes, advertised as linen, silk or cotton, turned out to be made of the cheapest synthetic fabric possible.”
Item no. 1 – what I received. Ouch!
“Then I tried the clothes on. No, I’m not the one to boast about my shape, nor am I the one whom all clothes fit like a glove, but I never thought I could look SO BAD. Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I was confused whether I should cry or laugh. Luckily for myself, I went for the latter.”
Item no. 1 after styling
“When I finally stopped laughing, it dawned on me that in rare cases only can you laugh in such situations. I made a firm decision to transform these rags into wearable clothes in a couple of hours, using a couple of styling tricks. Hope they’ll come in handy for some of you and will help you avoid the bad emotions I experienced:
1. Iron the clothes carefully. You won’t believe what kind of wonders this good old trick does.
2. Wear suitable underwear while trying new clothes on. Handpicked, based on your size underwear or (even better) shapewear helps you take advantage of seeming disadvantages of the clothes you are wearing.”
Item no. 2 – picture on the website
Item no. 2 – what I received. Ouch again!
Item no. 2 after styling
“3. If needed, just cut the excess material off with scissors or pin it up and hide it under other clothes. Layer.
4. Feel free to change the function of clothing. If you bought a linen beach dress but got a bag-like tunic instead, let it protect you from wind on a chilly fall morning.
5. Give some thought to your accessories. Carefully matched with clothing accessories make the look visually tidier. Even though it’s not trendy to match all accessories anymore, in this very case it makes sense to use this old method and match everything – from your earrings to your shoes (have you forgotten that you already have a detail that stands out?)”
Item no. 3 – picture on the website
Item no. 3 – what I received. One more ouch…
Item no. 3 after styling
“6. Combine cheaper clothes with more expensive ones – and, voila! – you’re following one of the latest fashion trends – mix & match.
7. Don’t underestimate the power of your makeup. It’s a must to strike a balance between “untidy” and “tidy” things.
8. Never ever lose a chance to laugh at yourself and a silly situation. After all, aren’t there more important things in our life than some toggery?”