23 Cool and Creative Ambient Ads
It may be hard to believe, but an average North American sees 3,000 ads per day . They are everywhere – at the gas pumps, in a bathroom, in the movie theater, on a bus and in the bus – advertising is impossible to avoid. But can you tell at least 10 out of 3000 you have seen today? OK, at least 5. No? If you work in advertising then you must definitely see these 23 cool ambient ads bellow and learn from the best.
1. Indus Pride: Beer Mug
Advertising Agency: Ogilvy & Mather, Bangalore, India
2. 92% Of Guys Say They Washed. 34% Were Lying
3. KarstadtQuelle: Dental Implant Insurance
Advertising Agency: Jung von Matt, Hamburg, Germany
4. Silk Soft – Toilet Tissue Promotion
The objective of this campaign was to promote the fact that Silk soft is 100% recycled.
Advertising Agency: By Far, Denmark
5. Tyskie – Beer Mugs Stickers
Art Director: Michał Kamiński
6. Police- Slower is Better
Advertising Agency: Cramer-Krasselt, Milwaukee, USA
7. Tramontina Precision Knives – Ultrathin slices
Advertising Agency: Leiaute Propaganda, Salvador, Brazil
8. Tibits – Very Very Fresh Vegetarian Food
Advertising Agency: Wirz/BBDO Switzerland
9. Je*s Jeans – No Need to Bend Anymore
“At this moment, your bum is completely exposed. If it were in a sexy pair of jeans, it would attract attention all the time!”
Advertising Agency: Bruketa@Zinic, Zagreb, Croatia
10. Fitness First (International chain of health clubs)
Advertising Agency: N=5, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
11. Colgate – Don’t Forget
Advertising Agency: Y&R, Bangkok, Thailand
12. Bergmann & Sohn Funeral services
“Come a little closer / Funeral services Bergmann & Sohn”
13. Frontline – Get Them Off Your Dog
A local petstore chain with limited budgets needed to push their range of de-ticking products. Huge 225 sq. meter stickers, across 3 malls crawling with people were used citywide to highlight their leading product range.
Advertising Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi Jakarta, Indonesia
14. Aseema Charitable Trust: Education for Street Children
Advertising Agency: 141 Sercon, Mumbai, India
15. KitKat – Bench
Advertising Agency: unknown
16. Mondo Pasta: Boat
Advertising Agency: Jung von Matt, Germany
17. What Goes Around – Comes Around
Agency: Big Ant International, New York
18. The Economist – How Long Can You Stay On?
Advertising Agency: BBDO New York, USA
19. WWF – Save Paper – Save the Planet
20. Monster.com Foosball – Stuck In The Wrong Job?
In a pub, one of the figures in a foosball table is replaced by a ballet dancer figurine, and she is never able to kick the ball. when people play, they can experience the problems of a job mismatch and be reminded to look for the right job using the best platform – Monster.com.
Advertising Agency: JWT, Hong Kong
21. Global Warming. What’s All The Fuss About?
“Find out for yourself www.mtvswitch.org.”
Advertising Agency: OgilvyAction, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
22. Meister Proper – Pedestrian Crossing
Agency: Grey Worldwide, Germany
23. BIC – Huge Razor
So, which ambient ad do you like best? Or maybe we missed some good ones?
I can’t believe #6 (Bergmann & Sohn Funeral services) was actually done! LoL! It’s funny, but it would create such a big scandal in case of an accident (even not related with the sign..) They would get such a huge lawsuit! Anyway, creative!
The best ads I’ve ever seen, ha-ha, thanks! (P.S. I’ll show it to my class tomorrow! except some nasty ones or course :D )
“4. Silk Soft – Toilet Tissue Promotion” is so rude, how could a company allow anythink like this, they must be really desperate :) Anyway, great list, subscribing your magazine :)